Here’s the thing…
When it comes to fragrances, I am pretty much from the if I can’t eat it, I don’t want it on my body school of thought.
Now before you picture me spritzing mashed potato and gravy or teriyaki chicken scented fragrances up in the air and letting them land on me, please be assured that is not what I am talking about.
I am definitely here for the lovely vanillas, and the sugary scents, and those spicy notes.
Think baked goods, not Banquet TV Dinner. Do they still make those?
Do they still make those?
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR TO SEE MORE OF MY THOUGHTS ON THESE FRAGRANCES
Tom Ford has done wonderful things with fragrance. He has elevated tobacco to new olfactory heights, and he has made me do what was once unthinkable.
Me: Ewww… it smells like flowers!!
At least, that is what I would have said before I had the luxury of smelling Orchid Soleil.
Now don’t get me wrong, I love the smell of flowers…
I don’t do so well with florals in the bottle. They are almost always way too strong and way too invasive.
It is as if they take the most allergy-inducing parts of the flower and they make the strongest fragrance known to man and then they give it to the most heavy handed person they can find and they say,”Spray for as if your life depends on it!!”
(And don’t act like you don’t know who they are).
Oh, I can feel my sinuses throbbing just writing this.
One whiff of old lady perfume in the coffee shop and I can be out of commission for days.
But not with the two fragrances that I am using right now and loving:
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille All Over Body Spray
- NOTES: Tobacco Leaf, Ginger, Spice Notes, Tonka Bean, Cocoa, Fruit Accord
- SILLAGE: Very close to the body. Will be noticed more at bedtime or in intimate situations because it is applied under clothing
- LONGEVITY: I find it lasts quite a while, but again it is body spray
- MY THOUGHTS: Very warm, musky and earthy with a nice sweet vanilla finish.
- WHERE TO BUY: Net-a-porter
- PRICE: $67
Tom Ford Orchid Soleil Eau De Parfum
- NOTES: Tuberose Petals, Black Orchid, Headspace, Spider Lily Accord, Vanilla, Chestnut, Cream Accord, Patchouli
- SILLAGE: Nothing has far reaching sillage on me. My skin literally absorbs fragrance, but this one is definitely not going to be wafting behind you as you stroll the red carpet.
- LONGEVITY: I definitely need to reapply this one, but since I mix and match fragrances and layer obsessively, I see this one as more of a topper.
- MY THOUGHTS: I don’t like flowery perfumes yet, this one is not offensive or aggressive at all. It is a very easy fragrance to layer because it is meant to be very light, beachy and wearable. Because it is not full-bodied, it can very easily accommodate any other fragrant body spray or lotion that is applied along with it. It is like sugar flowers to me. It is soft, lightweight, and actually yummy as it dries down. There are mixed reviews out there about this, that range from amazing to mediocre, the mediocre coming mostly from hardcore perfume enthusiasts and Tom Ford purists. I am just a girl who wears perfume sometimes and I know what works with my body chemistry. That is the true test of any perfume in my opinion.
- WHERE TO BUY: I purchased from Sephora
- PRICE: $82
Thanks so much for stopping by and if you have a fragrance that you would like to see me review, leave me a comment.